Getting ready to take off..

Decatur Travel Blog

In less than 24 hours I will be on a jet to Munich, Germany and will eventually end up in Florence, Italy. I can't believe it's really here. For years I've drooled over all of the travel shows on the Travel Channel, PBS, and the like. I've travelled with Samantha Brown on Passport to Europe, I've seen the sights with Rick Steves on Rick Steves' Europe, and I've shared experiences with Ian Wright, Justine Shapiro, and Megan McCormick on Globe Trekker. But now it's finally MY time to be the world traveller! I'm having mixed feelings of anxiousness, excitement, and nervousness. I have no idea what's going to happen on this trip (well I have an itinerary, but I think you know what I mean..). I just know that it is going to be life-changing and absolutely amazing.

From the beginning of this year I've decided that the one song to sum up 2008 is the song "See the World" by Gomez. If you have not heard great this song, copy and paste the site below:

For those of you who are interested, my flight leaves Chicago tomorrow at 2:10 p.m. I should arrive in Munich around 6:00 a.m. (their time) which means it will feel like 10:00 p.m. back home. I will then catch another flight to Florence at 10:30 a.m. and finally be in my new city around 1:00 p.m. Bring on the jet lag..

I'm going to try and type as many entries as I can, so check back every now and then for a new one. I would appreciate it if you all could keep me in your prayers. Thank you to every one for all of the support and well wishes.

Ciao!