Finaly meeting up with "acowboy"

Annapolis Travel Blog

Adrian & me doing some sake shots.

So, after much chatting and convincing on my part, Adrian "acowboy"  decided to leave his hot desert land of Arizona and visit the East Coast of the USA and spend a couple days with Lena and me at our house! But later I found out his girlfriend Myra is in Virginia on an internship for a few more weeks and so I think his visit was more to see her than me. Can't blame him for that! She is much prettier than I am ;)

The last time I talked to Adrian on the phone, we decided I would pick them up at the D.C. Metro (subway) stop in New Carrollton, which is about a 20 minute drive from our house in Annapolis, around 4:30pm, or so I thought we decided on a 4:30 meet time.

Adrian & Lena...that's Ron our sushi chief in the background making our sushi :)
I got to the station a little early, just in case, and waited. Right at 4:30, Adrian called and said they were just getting back from their day out and needed to get their bags together and should be getting on the subway soon. So, I waited in the parking lot, listening to the radio and watching all the people going to the from the station. I do enjoy people watching, so I was kept entertained. Well, after a few more  apologetic phone calls from Adrian, and a few more hours of me sitting in the Metro parking lot people watching, Adrian & Myra finally arrived!

We made the drive to Annapolis and our home where Lena was waiting. After a quick introduction, and showing them the house and the room they would be using, we got back in the car and drove to our favorite sushi restaurant Kyoto. As always, the food was great and the sake was hot! We had a great time talking and getting to know each other a little better, drinking sake with our sushi chief and  eating some of the best sushi in town!

Unfortunately, Lena did have to work the next day, so we called it a night around 10:30pm and headed home. We really haven't decided what we are doing tomorrow, but we'll figure that out over breakfast.

Lord_Mike says:
I did not know the Big Chief had a girlfriend....hmmm!
Posted on: Aug 19, 2009
moonstar582 says:
Great Story!!
Posted on: Aug 02, 2009
lovetravel_18 says:
Congratulations! c",)
Posted on: Jul 26, 2009
Adrian & me doing some sake shots.
Adrian & Lena...thats Ron our sus…
Adrian & Lena...that's Ron our su…
photo by: tj1777