Long and Winding Road

Spokane Travel Blog

Sheese, If you look at the blog map, you'll notice I went a bit out of the way to day.  I saw a sign on I-90 just out of Coure D'Lane for a the CD'L Bi-Way.  Happy to get off the freeway, I figured it was just the old road to CD'L before the Interstate went in.  It wasn't it went totally around the lake and added a couple of hours to my driving today.  It wasn't all that interesting either.  Just a two lane winding road hugging the lakes coast.  And it is a big lake.  I was hoping to hang out in CD'L for an hour or so but decided to head straight out to Spokane.  I ended up back In CD'L after all in the hunt for cheap gas before I got into Washington State.

I got a bit turned around in Spokane too as I was looking for the road that runs through the land that was carved out by the Columbia River.  It is a beautiful drive but didn't have any luck.  I hopped back on the Freeway and figured I would head for home.  It is 300 miles so if I don't see anything really interesting and I can keep my eyes open, I will probably get home tonight.  Shower and a bed sound pretty good.
photo by: Hummingbird