It is 100 degrees!!!

Missoula Travel Blog

Storm clouds at sunset
Misoula has the hot temps for this trip. I stopped in a bar downtown with outdoor seating but chose indoor seating for a dark Heffeweisen from the local Bayern Microbrewery.  It was a bit early to settle in for the evening so I finished the beer and drove around town.  I found the Walmart (a 24hour superstore) so that was taken care of.  It was on a strip of big box stores and I decided to roam around them to see if there was anything that I needed and could save the 10% tax on.  Didn't find anything I couldn't live without althugh I did see a sign for an 18 pack of PBR for $11 that got me interested but not enough to cross the 6 lanes of traffic to get it.  I noticed that the rain clouds were piling up in the mountains around the town for most of the day.
Pink Sunset
  The sunset was tinting them beautiful but fading shades of pinks, purples and yellows as the sunset   I rushed out of town to look at them without the power lines and buildings to get in the way.  I missed the best colors because Missoula is pretty sprawling and it took me a while to get far enough away to get some good pictures.  I was able to enjoy the colors on the drive so you'll just have to believe me.
By the time, I got back to town it was dark (10pm-ish) so I went into downtown again.  Missoula is a bit seedy at night.  A surprising number of homeless wandering around.  I notice the Meth Poster with the timelapse photos of a woman's face over 10 years of usage.  Seems to be a problem around here because I heard warning ads on the radio, billboards and window posters through my travels in Montana.
I found the only bar that didn't have a "casino" in it and had a beer and watched the comings and goings.  The walmart parking Lot seemed more interesting so I headed out after just the one beer.  Into the rain.  Big drops but not raining hard.  But it was hard enough that even the homeless folks I passed earlier had scampered for drier doorways.
It was an unfamiliar ride back to the Walmart and had to do a few loops around town before I found it again.  I think it was Midnight when I got settled in.  Slept until 7:30 so I am sure I am good with the car sleeping now.

There wasn't much to keep me in Missoula though.  It was supposed to be hot again and rains were expected again so I decided to head West to see how far I would get.
Missoula