AsiaTaiwanTaipei

Day 4: Temples, Shrines, and Toilets!

Taipei Travel Blog

Brett and Erin's apartment

After the trauma of watching Hostel Saturday night, I still slept like a baby. We had a lot to do and not much time to do it in on Sunday morning. I needed to be at the airport around 2 in the afternoon for my flight to Kuala Lumpur, so I was up early to pack my bag. Our plans for the day included a visit to the Taiwan Military Martyr’s Shrine and lunch at Modern Toilet, and then to the airport.

The Shrine is just what it says, with many, many plaques of their war heroes and leaders. They also have a changing of the guards ceremony. We didn’t spend too much time here since we were on the clock. But when we came out to where we had parked, there were cars and buses parked behind us so that we couldn’t get out, or at the very least, it would be a tight fit.

So we decided to try it, with Brett driving and me guiding. Just as we started to do this, the driver of the bus moved for us! Okay, back in business, and off to the Toilet restaurant.

Modern Toilet is definitely unique! You sit on real toilets, eat out of miniature size toilets, squatters, sinks and drink out of urinals. My favorite part of this place was the toilet paper dispensers on the wall that you used for napkins! And the food was pretty decent, too! After lunch, we drove to the airport. Brett and Erin dropped me off at departures and I was ready to embark on my journey to Malaysia and Indonesia. Check-in was smooth and swift, and the flight was right on time. But that would change on my future connections.

cygnus16 says:
Toilet restaurant??? Now that's appetizing :p
Posted on: Apr 18, 2011
pearcetoyou says:
haha! Yes, we did!!! Fortunately, it tasted just like ice cream! ;)
Posted on: Sep 10, 2009
sweetsummerdaiz says:
Hey! I just saw the Modern Toilet as a feature on the travel channel....... must have been very interesting! Did you get the "poop" icecream?
Posted on: Sep 09, 2009