Second Rockies Game

Denver Travel Blog

Rockies taking the field

I had come into Denver, first stopping by Invesco Field, home of the Denver Broncos football team. I drove around the stadium, but outside of the parking lot. I did not take any pictures, since I did not have much time. When trying to get out of the area, I tried to find a short cut, but ended up confused and lost, putting me in a residential area. I backtracked, until I found my way back on the highway.

I drove towards 16th Street Mall, and parked about a block away from there. But it was also quite walking distance from the stadium, as I thought it would be less crowded and cheaper to park farther away. And in the long run, it would save me gas and time, since I would be going to the airport after the game ended.

sunset over the Rocky Mountains

I did get some dinner along the way, and rode the shuttle bus to the end of the line. When I got off, it started to rain again. I was like "oh no, not again!". But the rain was not as hard this time, and stopped sooner. I was not soaked when walking to Coors Field, and there was a break in the clouds with the sun coming out.

I entered the ballpark, looked around, and ate a Rockie Dog (which tasted good). The game started later than I thought. The Colorado Rockies took on the Washington Nationals. The Rockies scored a run on a Todd Helton RBI double, and it turns out that would be the only run they needed. Starter Jason Marquis pitched 8 scoreless innings, and the Rockies beat the Nationals, 1-0. Never thought I would see that type of game at Coors Field, considering its reputation as hitter-friendly.

After the game, I had to go back to the airport. I made it back there with plenty of time to spare. I took an overnight flight back to Philly. Made it back the following morning!

Zagnut66 says:
The Rockies beat the Nats? Boo!
Posted on: Dec 01, 2015