Can't Make Up My Mind

Colorado Springs Travel Blog

El Paso Courthouse

The day started with the continental breakfast.

Then headed out, and drove to the Colorado Springs Pioneer Museum, housed in an old courthouse in the downtown area. Also known as the El Paso Courthouse. It was pretty quiet, as I assumed most people got a head start on their holiday weekend. I put quarters into the parking meter, and would have 2 hours for this place.

I entered the museum, and toured around it. More about it in the review here.

I did have to skim through some parts, because of the meter expiring. I left, and made it to the car on time. Then I drove around for a bit, and stopped by a train depot, watching a freight train pass by. I used to enjoy doing that when I was younger, and still do.

Then went to a library, so I can use the computer there.

courtroom
I hoped to buy Sky Sox tickets on Stubhub, but there was no page for it. Basically, I would not go to a Sky Sox game on this trip. I was bummed. After that, I drove to Canon City, as I thought about going to see the Royal Gorge.

The drive itself was very scenic, through the mountains and the flatlands, until I got to Canon City. It is still the same as before, full of hotels and strip malls. After leaving the city, I would be driving around the Rockies, until I got to Royal Gorge Scenic Railway. I went inside the gift shop and thought about riding the train to get a great view of the gorge. But man, I could not get pass the price of the train ride, which was overpriced. So I decided to go to the Royal Gorge Bridge and Park.

I had to drive on a narrow road, that was really crooked, and at times, on an edge of a steep hill.
ghost town
Kind of scary. I passed the entrance sign and proceeded to the parking lot. When I saw the admission price being $24, I decided to pass. For some reason, I felt like it was not worth it. And being on a "tight" schedule, it would have been a waste of time and/or money. There were some things I wanted to do before leaving the Springs area, so no Royal Gorge this time.

I left the park, going through the Rockies and Canon City, and headed back to Colorado Springs. The scenery didn't make this detour totally worthless, but I admit, I have a difficult time making up my mind and sticking with it.

I went to the Ghost Town Museum, which has a replica of a ghost town inside the building, to protect it from the elements. More about it in the review here.

Then I went to Seven Falls, and would end up waiting in a long line of cars. We would move a little, then stop. this would go on for 30 minutes, and when I got to the entrance, I was told the stairs closed due to rain. I decided to turn around, and come back the next day. The stairs and hike at the top are some reasons why I came in the first place.

I left and had to drive through a downpour of rain. I would spend the rest of the evening at Arcade Amusements, playing games for a while, before heading back to the hotel.

view from my hotel
pharmacy
pharmacy
Colorado Springs Sights & Attractions review
Colorad Springs history
The Colorado Springs Pioneer Museum is located inside the El Paso Courthouse in the downtown area. This museum traces back the history of Colorado Spr… read entire review
Colorado Springs Sights & Attractions review
The feel of the Old West
The Ghost Town Museum houses an actual ghost town, with buildings that relocated from other parts of Colorado. They were moved inside an old railroad … read entire review