Arriving at the Home Base

Estes Park Travel Blog

stream flowing through town

I had to drive on mountainside roads, along the edge of steep hills with no guard rails, which can be scary. There were spots where cars can pull over, so the faster ones can pass.

I arrived into Estes Park, a tourist town and a home base to Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP). It was crowded, being a holiday weekend. I was able to find free parking, and walked to the Estes Park Hostel. More about in the review here.

I walked in and had to figure some things out, like checking in. I saw a table with a paper that had reservations written on it, and rooms assigned. I went to that room, and rested for bit. Later on, I would meet up with the owner, to pay for 1 night.

I did check out the town for a little while, walking through Tregent Park. This is a public park with a flowing stream, which goes through the town. Kind of nice to see. Then walked on the main street of the town. Basically, a touristy town with shops and restaurants. I would stop by one of them for a quick lunch. After eating, I headed back to the hostel, to get the necessary things like a jacket and sunscreen. It was time for RMNP.

Tregent Park
Tregent Park
streaming through town
streaming through town
Estes Park Hostels review
Great hostel in the Rockies
Just a block away from the main street, the Estes Park Hostel is the only hostel in the town of that the place is named after. Not easy to find, with … read entire review
Estes Park