Museums of Singapore

Singapore Travel Blog

It was not my first time visiting the country. In fact, me and my family spent our Christmas - New Year holiday two years in a row. But what I've experienced in my last visit was about the Museum. For the last three years me and other siblings had a lot interest in Museums. And since we've been to Singapore couples of time, we tried to find some new attraction other than Sentosa Island or Shopping Malls.
We got a recommendation from the Singapore Tourism Board to visit MINT (Moment of Imagination and Nostalgia with Toys) Museum of Toys. It is located in 26 Seah Street just across the Raffles Hotel. The museum is like a time travel where you can find hundred of toys from the past, even the traditional one, from all over the world, from mid-nineteenth Century to mid-twentieth Century. There are also some collectible items such as The Beattle's Merchandise, Star wars (including the first ever toy), Charlie Chaplin, etc. Too many to mention! I was amazed with the way they bring us back to the old days.
I probably not a toy collector, but I fell in love with the place and it feels like you want to bring them all home!

The other museum that we visited was National Museum of Singapore. The place itself not a strange for us. We've passed the museum several of time during our visit in Singapore. And at last we visited the main Museum in the country. Luckily it was in New Year Holiday, so we did't have to pay the admission and lots of exhibitions were held. One of the best as I remember was a photography exhibition about people after war. It was so touchy and yet interesting. Unfortunetely, due to the running time, I didn't get a change to explore the whole museum.

The last Museum that I visited was Chinatown Heritage Centre. Each level of the building represent a different history of the Chinatown itself. It was a bit dark in some room and a bit scary, but it was fun and educative. I got a lot of infos about the former residents and what they did to earn living, etc.

Actually, there are plenty of museums in Singapore that I haven't visit yet. Someday perhaps!