To excited to sleep

Stockton Springs Travel Blog

The back of my house

In just a few hours I will be making the 3 hour drive south to visit my aunt who will be driving to Maine to teach a Paramedics course.  What kills me every time before every trip I take is insomnia.  I have been to Wells many times, but Im still excited.

My intention is just to go to Wells and hang out with my aunt, but Im thinking if I get an early start I can drive the extra 20 minutes south to Kittery and go shopping at the outlet malls and the Kittery Trading post, then I keep thinking that I can drive out to the coast line to go see some of the light houses and the beaches while they are empty.

Its almost 3am right now and as Im watching whatever is on TV, I am realizing I am doing way to much thinking.  I should be sleeping but I feel like I am getting ready to go into the field, checking my electronic equipment, making sure I have extra batteries, and all the cords I need..its like a pre-flight checklist.

I havent been down to Southern Maine in a while but I am hoping the have less snow than we have up here, currently we cant see out the windows in our house because the snow is piled so high.  I dont expect there to be too much snow piled on the beaches, but if I want to go see the lighthouse snow may be a problem.

Looking out the back porch
Looking out the back porch
The front of my house
The front of my house
the view from the side..and this i…
the view from the side..and this …
Stockton Springs