Taste of Maine

bangor maine Travel Blog

Today I headed to Bangor maine for the annual taste of Maine cooking show.  This was my first time attending so I did not know what to expect, the entrance was only $20(us) or $15(us) for balcony seats so I decided to go and check it out.  After purchasing tickets at the gate we walked in and it was set up with vendor booths on one side of the arena floor, and on the other side was a stage.  We took our time walking to the various booth's most of which were related to cooking in some way but then there were random booth's set up that were selling things like insurance and auto detailing.  many of the booth's has free smaples of various foods from around the bangor area, and other booths had free things to give away.  Some of the items were actully quite nice, Hannaford supermarkets was giving away things like stainless steel whisks.

After visiting all of the vendors we took our seats on the floor and waited for the show to begin.  The stage I noticed on my way in was set up for a live cooking demsonstration.  Before the show started as more and more people started to take their seats we noticed many seating issues, many seats were missing.  Once the show started it became boring very quickly.  The chef they had doing the show seemed to be nice enough, but very disorganized and the audiences attention was qucikly "lost in the sauce".  We ended up leaving early so I am not sure how long the show lasted, but after speaking to another attendee she also commented on the disorganization of the chef.  She also told us that this was the first time the show had the name taste of bangor instead of taste of maine, and that the five previous shows she attended were much better than this one.

I hope next years live show will be better than this years, but as for the vendor portion it was ok so all in all it tunred out to be a fun time!

jamartin39 says:
I am hoping next years event will be better, talking with others they shared the same concerns about this show and said that previous shows were much better
Posted on: Apr 14, 2010