Snow Storm Chasing

Belfast Travel Blog

Its not much of a chase if you can only 15 miles an hour but this winter were are getting nailed with snowstorm after snowstorm.  Literally there has been a snow storm every week since Christmas.  A freind called me who was "stranded" in Belfast and I found this the perfect opportunity to go out into the storm and help.  She didnt really need help but I needed to get out of the house.  Technically when I report snow for the National Weather Service I dont have to leave my house but I went out in the storm anyway.

I snapped some pictures as i was driving and I was shocked that some businesses were actaully still open, but then again this is Maine and the people up here are used to this kind of weather especially if its a snow storm every week type of deal.  I headed to the grocery store where everyone was buying the usual milk eggs and bread but not me I was buy cosmic brownies, tootsie rolls, and keebler cookies, I was even eying the bloodary mary mix.  I brought my newly purchased items to the store where my freind works and hung out there for awhile.  She called someone to come pick her up because she was afraid to drive in the snow being that she just recently got her drivers license, I waited until her ride showed up and then headed back home.

We did get a lot of snow today and I got some decent pics for my weather albums.

photo by: jamartin39