More Flooding

Togus Travel Blog

So the flash flooding is calming down a bit, we saw a few sneak peak of sunlight today but not too much.  As I drove into Augusta today I saw many fields flooded out and there were still a few streams and rivers that looked like they really wanted to just spill over thier banks.

Unfortunatly pulling over on a state highway to gawk at swift and high water is slightly frowned upon, the staties that patrol the road prefer not to have to worry about what random people will do so i didnt stop and take a picture of every stream river and flooded field I saw.  Looking back I really wish I had a partner in the car with me so I culd have gotten some more pics.

I did get a few pics of a flooded pond and the road right next to it had recently just opened back up.  The pond spilled over into the road making the road impassible temporarily.  I know its still spring and all but seriously its supposed to be April showers not June showers.  I am happy I get some weather photos but I would be more happy if summer would hurry up and get here so I can be sitting on a lake fishing without being rained on.

Togus