If I never see another Lilac

Saint George Travel Blog

Today some freinds of mine are getting married and in true bride fashion she was freaking out, and the stress was getting to the rest of the bridal party.  One point of concern was it has been very rainy and not so sunny so the bride didnt have as many lilacs as she needed to decorate the hall, the isle, and the alter.  I ended up driving up and down mid-coast maine "lilac hunting".  Yup I went to the local Wal-Mart bought a head lamp and some pruning shears and proceeded to be chased around by various police departments throughout the night.

After being told to leave town by two different police departments I drove home around midnight not having enough flowers.  After getting a couple of hours of sleep I grabbed my pruning shears and hit the back roads looking for any lilac bush I could find, luckily the father of the bride had the same idea.  We met at the recpetion hall within minutes of each other both of us having a vehicle full of liliacs.

I was on my own for most of the morning so I was in charge of the flower aragements, not something I am known for but you cant let a bride down on thier wedding day.

The rest of the wedding went off without a hitch and thanks to the wedding being BYOB I showed up with a 5-gallon cooler full of Margaritas.  I ended up sleeping in the parking lot as did 3 other members of the bridal party.  I guess New Englanders are used to drinking and partying in the woods so we all knew what to expect.

The Wedding Champions of the World…
The Wedding Champions of the Worl…
Saint George