Close to home weather spotting

Stockton Springs Travel Blog

Underground spring overflowing

Some of you probably know that I love to chase storms and weather, its awesome when I dont even have to leave my home town to chase after a sever weather situation.  For the past couple of days it has been not stop hard rain.  Flood warnings were starting to blow up my tablet and I decided it was time to get outside and do my job.

I didnt have to go far, I litterally walked out my back door and sank in about an inch of water, moving further into the woods the underground spring was obviously at capacity and water was bubbling up from the ground.  We dont live in a swampy area but when we get heavy rain like we have been we get flooded quickly.

I went way back into the woods to the stream that cuts through our property and found that the water level here was more than the stream could handle, parts of it were starting to overflow the banks slightly and the waterfall itself was going stronger than I have seen in awhile.  I coulndt get close enough to take any good measurements so I am going to have to remind myself to put a marker later on down the road to make reading the water level easier.

Luckily the drainage along our road handled the deluge and even more lucky that it would take way more rain than we go to completly flood our property out.

Some people like to fall out of the sky for thier rush, I prefer to wait for the sky to fall for mine.

Stockton Springs