Patong - Phuket

Patong Travel Blog

Finished teaching in Ao Luk yesterday it has been one of the best experiences of my life and I would recommend it to anyone. Ao Luk is very rural and very Thai but extremely beautiful. The people are so friendly and welcoming to us farang (foreigners.) The children are adorable so eager to learn and extremely well behaved, I will miss them and my schools!

So yesterday I said my goodbyes to Ao Luk and the GVI team and made my way to Phuket on a three hour bus, then into Patong via tuk tuk. This place is like a whole new world having stayed in the rural areas for three weeks. Loads of white people, western food, shops, bars nightclubs and not to forget the ladyboys. The only bar/nightclub I experienced in Ao Luk was a small shack with a juke box inside also known as 'Thai karoke.' I was a bit unsure when I first arrived, missing the friendiness of the Thai people and the real Thai food of Ao Luk. However, after a day at the beach I am converted to the hustle and bustle that Patong offers. Beautiful beaches, golden sand and clear sea finally after three weeks in Thailand. I am also loving a hotel with air con, hot water and proper toilets having spend my last 3 weeks in the smallest room with 8 people no air con, hot water and only Thai style toilets.

Will stay on Patong beach for one more night before heading of to Kata beach also in Phuket. After a few nights there will move onto Ko Phi Phi (destination number 2.) Going for dinner now no more rice and green beans, oddly enough I do miss it!