Chicago!! Day 3

Chicago Travel Blog

Some kid walked right out on it!!

Another fantastic day in the windy city.  I had been looking forward to this day..We were going to the Willis(Sears) Tower.  We all wanted to see the view from the 103rd floor Skydeck and the new "Ledge" you can walk out on. It's clear plexi-glass and you can see all the way to the street right below your feet.  It took about an hour to get thru the line, buy your tickets, watch a short movie about the Willis Tower, and wait to get on the elevator. You get from the basement to the 103rd floor in one minute.  Talk about seeing forever....on a clear day you can see fifty miles in any direction. The newest thing is the "Ledge".  It is crazy!! Most people walked out on it while others would not.

By this time it was noon and time for some lunch. We stopped at Dick's Last Stand.

The "Ledge" on the 103rd floor Skydeck at the Willis Tower
It's right on the Chicago river. They had a live band playing a good mix of rock n roll songs.  The food was good, hamburgers, hot dogs, steak sandwiches, fries, all the grill foods.

We headed back to the Navy Pier for our Segway Tour of Chicago. I had done this one time before at Epcot. This was $75.00 for a two hour guided tour of Chicago. We started at the pier went North along the waterfront to Lincoln Park and under Lakeshore Drive and back south along some beautiful tree lined streets. We say homes to include the orginal Playboy Mansion and Oprah Winfrey's home. Our tour ended back at the Navy Pier.  The pier was very crowded and decided to pass it by.

We were all tired and decide to take a taxi back to our hotel. It was worth the $10.00.  We took a few hours to rest and cleanup. We went to the Elepahnt and Castle for dinner. I had french onion soup, shepard's pie, and bread pudding. Delicious!!

My feet were parking after three days of walking. I really enjoyed walking instead of driving a car everywhere. I think I could get used to this as long as the weather was good.

Some kid walked right out on it!!
The Ledge on the 103rd floor Sky…
The "Ledge" on the 103rd floor Sk…
Worlds Tallest Buildings