Walk with the Family

Bar Harbor Travel Blog

As we pulled intot he town of Bar Harbor we were afriad we would not find a parking spot; but somehow my dad always gets lucky with this sort of thing, and we found a good spot in the municipal parking lot.  It being such a nice day everybody seemed to be out enjoying themselves.  My mother first noticed that Bar Harbor Cruise Lines offered a Puffin Cruise and went to go check the rates for that.  We have always wanted to go on a Puffin Cruise.  They are very curious looking birds with the a penquin looking body and a colorful beak.  While she was in the cruise office I raided the information botths for all they had on the area.  We regrouped about 10 minutes later and started walking up the main drag.
  As we walked in and out of all the shops, alleyways, and side streets I was taking pictures, and thinking about Christmas presents, at one point my mother purposley blocked my view from a giant stuffed Puffin because she knew I would want it.  We probably spent about 2-2 1/2 hours walking around, before we headed back to the lot where are car was parked.  We made one last stop to get some ice cream before getting in the car and driving home.  I would have to say it was a very good day, and I only spent $20 dollars.  I do not know why I feel compelled to buy ridculous things but I do and I did, I bought a moose head hat.  I used him as a pillow on the way home, I was so tired from not sleeping the night before, and walking around all day, I fell asleep on the way home.  This is probably why the ride home seemed much quicker than the ride to Acadia.  Once I got home I went straight to bed where I stayed untill 9:30 the next morning.
Bar Harbor Sights & Attractions review
At the top in Down East
In the heart of Down East Maine lies Acadia National Park. Home of Cadillac Mountain this park attracts visitors from all over. If you’re an early… read entire review
11 km (7 miles) traveled