...returning home and one more night in Belgrade

Belgrade Travel Blog

The Victor

After just 3 days in Budva it was time to go back to Belgrade, spent one more night there and then off home, back to reality and work.

This time the bus back to Belgrade was almost empty so I basically tried to sleep the whole trip back.

Funny incident at the Serbian border again: this huge scary border policeman came to me and talking with me in a basic Romanian asked me things like: “What did you do in Budva hmm? Why are you by yourself? Why you stayed just 3 days? Who stays only 3 days in Budva? Why you go back to Belgrade? Alone in Budva hmmm, just 3 days, by yourself, hmmm did you have fun? Hmmm!?? OPEN YOUR BAGS!!!!”

So of course we stepped outside the bus on a very rainy night around 3-4 AM and opened my bags, while the bus driver was staring quite frightened at this scene.

Kalemegdan

When I opened one of the bags the first things that one could see were some little transparent bags with spices and some dried chopped herbs like oregano and basil that I bought from the local market. So you could imagine that we had a talk about “what are these?” while I was thinking that the spice shopping wasn’t a very good idea. Eventually when he saw I’m not a drug dealer he rubberstamped the passport, said “Good trip to you!” and off we went.

Around 8 in the morning I was back in Belgrade. Later that day I met Sanja again for a few drinks around the city.

I even managed to get to a concert, a band called the Orthodox Celts, quite famous in Serbia, they sing traditional Irish Rock songs and traditional Irish song covers, just like Flogging Mollys or Dropkick Murphys. The jig was in an inner courtyard at some Technical University and the atmosphere was excellent and for the next few days I was havin hoarse voice and could speak properly.

park

Next day I was back on the train to Cluj and so this was my one week breakaway from work, the daily routine and everything home.

‘twasn’t bad at all, even thou I felt weary after having to spent 4 nights out of the total 8 on the road. But for me that the definition of a good vacation - to feel tired after you get back home.

Anyways Montenegro it’s a good experience and I’ll be goin back for sure to explore more of its coast and see more places. On the other hand Belgrade it’s always a great place to go back to and I for one can’t get enough of it.

Both places are great and recommend them fully.

Cheers!

Marius1981 says:
naw, he let me pass through with everything. he even cracked a joke about it in the end. :)
Posted on: Mar 14, 2011
fr3yam says:
Cool one! Incredible - and in the end, did you have to leave your spices with the big, scary border policeman?
Posted on: Mar 12, 2011
Church gold tower
Church gold tower
the Sava
the Sava
Kalemegdan
Meet Gordon, the Security guy :))
Meet Gordon, the Security guy :))
wedding pics