Xmas in the UAE

Dubai Travel Blog

I got a free return ticket and i choose my destination, Dubai. Again. It was xmas in Dubai for me, alone as my partner could not come because he had to work over xmas.

I went, the traveller in me couldnt resist taking the trip. I love airports, I love seeing people in their travel gear and suitcases, and passports of all nationalites. Its a travel bug, its bitten me,its eaten deep and guess what? I love it.

I flew out with Egypt Air, via Cairo. Nice airport, but the Eqyptians were not so friendly. The duty free section was pricy, i got just chocolates and disappeared to join my connecting flight.

I landed in Dubai, oh boy! I love the emirates. The cheap things i can buy, the food, the cocktails made by the road side, the sharwama, the malllllllllllllllllllllllllls! I went shopping the moment the jet-lag wore off. I went to Meena Bazaar to get tailor made Indian clothes. I met nice tailors who lovely clothes, so affordable i cant wait to go back again.

Then i met a fellow from my country and we went out together, his first time in Dubai so I treated him like a tourist and was the travel guide. We had fun, to the malls we went, the aquarium, I shopped for his fiancee, we got great deals etc. We went to the beach, we attended a xmas church service together, then we met 2 others from our country and the travel pack expanded. We had fun from 12noon to 12 midnight. We were  on the move. The Metro was so helpful we used it. Jumping off at every station to discover the city. We all ate together, bought Arabic clothes together. we went Gold shopping at the souk. Took a lot of photos. My short holiday wasnt so bad. Had to keep my partner posted every 3 hours. Missed him, but I Had FUN!!!

Till then, Ciao

I went, the traveller in me couldnt resist taking the trip. I love airports, I love seeing people in their travel gear and suitcases, and passports of all nationalites. Its a travel bug, its bitten me,its eaten deep and guess what? i love it.

I flew out with Egypt Air, via Cairo. Nice airport, butthe Eqyptians were not so friendly. The duty free section was pricy, i got just chocolates and disappeared to join my connecting flight.

I landed in Dubai, oh boy! I love the emirates. The cheap things i can buy, the food, the cocktails made bythe road side, th sharwama, the malllllllllllllllllllllllllls! I went shopping the moment the jet-lag wore off. I went to Meena Bazaar to get tailor made Indian clothes. I met nice tailors who lovely clothes, so affordable i cant wait to go back again.

Then i met a fellow from my country and we went out together, his first time in Dubai so I treated him like a tourist and was the travel guide. We had fun, to the malls we went, the aquarium, I shopped for his fiancee, we got great deals etc. We went to the beach, we attended a xmas church service together, then we met 2 others from our country and the travel pack expanded. We had fun from 12noon to 12 midnight. We were  onthe move. The Metro was so helpful we used it. Jumping off at every station to discover the city. We all ate together, bought Arabic clothes together. we went Gold shopping at the souk. Took a lot of photos. My short holiday wasnt so bad. Had to keep my partner posted every 3 hours. Missed him, but I Had FUN!!!

Dubai Hotels & Accommodations review
Nice hotel, nice breakfast. Talk nicely to the staff and they willbe very helpful. The toiletries in the bathroom were nice. It was generally worth th… read entire review