The Grand Lisboa!

Lisbon Travel Blog

Early in the morning on july 4th, we drove to Schiphol airport. After 2 hours we were at Schiphol airport! Ready for our trip to Portugal!!!

After 2 flights and a stop in Paris, we arrived in Lisbon. After checking in to The Lisbon Dreams Guesthouse (great place by the way), we walked around town a bit. Tired from a long day, we ended up eating at a noodle bar. Not very Portugese but we still had the whole week ahead. :-)

Lisbon is a real mixture of old and new. Lots of historic buildings mixed with new buildings which gives a somewhat funny impression but I guess it's that way in most big cities in Europe! After a nice stroll, we headed back to the guesthouse for a LONG sleep.

Sunday was sightseeing day! There is more than enough to see in Lisbon and since I am a big WORLD HERITAGE FAN, I decided that I HAD to see the UNESCO buildings in Lisbon... A short trip later and WOW... Really nice! I guess the pictures speak for themselves. We had a great day touring around and seeing the main sites of the city. My feet were really killing me and after a long day and a great dinner of seafood, we were more than happy to relax in the guesthouse! :-)
Still dont know what this is!
Still dont know what this is!
Mosteiro Dos Jeronimos