Journey to the Boarder -

Masnaa Travel Blog

This was the BIG day, were going to Syria despite all the visa issues and setbacks.  The tour company picked us up at 5:45am.  Man it was EARLY.  As everyone knows, I am NOT a morning person but, I get up when I have to……and this was a HAVE TO. Once we had the whole group we were off.  There were about 14 of us from Qatar, Canada, Lebanon, Columbia, Switzerland, and France.  We were all tired so the ride was pretty quite.  We stopped for a bathroom, drinks, and a snack about 30 minutes from the boarder.  It was a very minimally stocked place, but served the purpose.

Once we reached the boarder and agent came on board and collected all of the passports.  It took about 30 minutes and we were processed out of Lebanon and on to Syria.  It took about 10 minutes to drive between the Lebanon exit and the Syrian entry points.  Once at the Syrian entry the Syrian guide joined us.  We filled out all the necessary forms and handed over our passports again.  The large stack left with the guide and border agent.  We waited and waited, and waited.  Finally our passports came back and Rob and I were set to go.  But we had to wait and wait for the rest.  The entry point was packed with people. The cars and people were everywhere in no order at all. It was chaos.  Finally, after being there for almost 2 hours the rest of the passports came back.  Everyone was thrilled.

tj1777 says:
lol I just saw this one after I realized you had been to the friesland meet up - and I saw you said something about visa issues and immediately I thought it was visa to get to Friesland - they are hard to come by ;)
Posted on: Aug 10, 2009