Buffalo Travel Blog

Arrived in last night. My couchsurfing host  was on time picking me up. Big hugs. I hadnt seen her since the last time she was in Memphis and I was the one showing around her. We stopped by Gallaghers in Allentown for a late snack and a beer. She had to work the next day we just called it a night.

The next morning I set out to see what Buffalo had to offer. First was a walk on Delaware St. Its a street with lots of small (probably family) shops. I can remember seeing more than one art gallery and antique store. The architecture stood out to me. The (close together) thin multi-level homes reminded me of "up north". The very bright colors brought the french quarter of new orleans to mind. At Niagra Square there's a fountain and monument.

Not sure who or what (of anything) its paying homage to. Buffalo city hall is also located on the square. I noticed that city and a few other buildings (like the convention center) flew both the U.S. and Candian flags. That was kinda weird to me.

A couple blocks away is M&T Plaza. The church st trolley, a mall and M&T bank is located there. When i wondered into the area it was close to noon. There was an event called "lunch on the plaza" or "lunch with friends". I forget the precise name but it was something similar. A band, vendors selling hot dogs, good weather and friends made for a nice afternoon. I got my two dogs & pop and enjoyed the show for awhile. Couple hours later, everyone was gone. I think they literally only did it during the lunch hour.

Three trolley stops south is HSBC arena, the Buffalo Naval Park and it also the end of the trolley line. The naval park was nice. Two ships and a submarine are on display. I ended up staying there alot longer than I thought i would.

Met up with my host later for "shakespeare in the park". Free live plays in the park.

liberty building