0527 Village Festival (SM 006—new)

Falciano Travel Blog

I think I can squeeze in just one more village before the last bus back to Rimini. So I head down a side road to the village of Falciano--  and another welcome surprise.  I hear music and see a field being turned into a giat parking lot.

It’s Village Fair day in Falciano, with food, live music, games and activities for the children… It’s a very cheery sight--  especially after a rather quiet day of wandering across the entire nation… So here’s where Sanmarinenses all gather from every corner of their country to mingle, eat and catch up on gossip.

It seems to be a bit of an older crowd--  but there are some kids too… And the band is playing Spanish music, so I miss my chance to hear a real authentic Sanmarinense concert… but it’s still fun, and a very nice final touch to my Day of Discovery in San Marino

So I head on back to Dogama, and back on the bus to Rimini.  I didn’t explore every single town in San Marino, but with 6 towns in a country of 25,000 I think I can safely say that I have “Thoroughly Explored San Marino”…

…But at the same time, I might want to come back here some day, just for fun… and I can explore the remaining 6 or 7 villages…

Hello and Goodbye, San Marino