0517 A beach and a castle (Ita 042—new)

Pesaro Travel Blog

Next morning, after another night camping out, I set out to explore the next town.

Pesaro is a sizeable town with a large modern area of apartment complexes and a large park/athletic area popular with early morning joggers.

Back towards the shore I find yet one more history rich town with an old city still surrounded by a well preserved wall.  Looks like my “dry spell” of cultureless beach towns has come to an end.

I find a gateway into the city, and there find a peaceful little park with what look like ruins from another era…. And on into the city through the narrow ancient streets until I reach a plaza which seems to be a popular place to socialize for the young and the old.

A little further on I find yet another castle, this one built almost identical to the one in Senigalia… It seems like they had the same architect design all these castles or something…

From there I head town to the coast where I find the typical boardwalk strip--  I guess Pesaro has the best of both worlds…

There’s a sign that points to an old Jewish Synagogue--  but I can’t seem to be able to find it… So I explore the Old City a bit more… stumble on an old university campus that seems to be starting to come to life… and continue on my way…

Pesaro