Two days in Zagreb, thanks very much, now lets move on

Zagreb Travel Blog

There`s not really much to say to be honest.  We`ve spent the last two days in Zagreb exploring the sights (worth seeing), the cathedral, market, and Old Town are worth a long lengthy look.  Visited a couple of museums, the city museum was very interesting but the Technical museum (Science) was really rather poor.  Its a very pretty city.  Similar the Ljubljana in interesting architectural appeal but somewhat squatter.  Things seem a bit flatter and larger in area, with wider roads, and larger buildings.  It allows for a lot more sky in what is also quite a green city.  All in all its very pleasant.  Bit hotter two, with the low to mid thirties beginning to creep in.  Lots of cafe culture too, which has been pleasant.  I managed to avoid the castle, which is a little way out.  I`m feeling very castled out now.

And that is pretty much just about that.  Its an excellent city, I`ve seen worse, its just that I`ve also seen better in the last week.

There are a few points worth noting though. 1) Vincek is one of the most amazing pastry and ice cream shops, ever.  There cakes were delicious and the range of ice creams up to an Italian standard.  The dark chocolate one was particularly rich.
2)  There are some very tall Croatians around, as Andy Roddick once famously noted.  Very tall.  It means that there aren`t too many small sized clothes around.  Which could potentially be interesting as I`ve lost my swimshorts and need a new pair.
3) The trams look quite cool, I like Trams
4) The botanical gardens were very good, so close to the city centre, quite large too.

Next we`re off to Split.  We`ll be going by bus since the train derailed itself last week killing six people.  So this may take a while.  I`m having to wonder where my next ice cream is coming from, which is not the best state in the world to be in.  Poor poor me, isn`t life hard etc etc.

Zagreb