It's been a while...

Washington Travel Blog

I haven't been on this page in a while and decided it was time to come back. No big traveling adventures recently, well not outside of the U.S. anyway. I did add Washington DC/Virginia to my "list of states traveled" in January for OBAMA'S INAUGURATION! I must say what a perfect way to visit the DC area! Not to mention, I LOVE that city! I can't believe it's taken me so long to visit because I feel like I've been missing out. I would definitely like to go back when there aren't so many people so I can really get around and enjoy more of the city...but what I did see, I was very impressed with and had a lot of fun. Outside of DC, my fiance and I went on a road trip from Texas to Indiana, and had a GREAT time! We traced his "roots" and it was a really neat experience. I had been through Indiana before, but he showed me more of Indianapolis, and it is a pretty neat city. The word I always use "character"....I like when a city has character, and I can say that Indianapolis has that. I've been living in the Dallas area for about a year, and let's just say I've been complaining a little bit, but one of the things I continuously say is, "it doesn't haven't any character." I miss that, so when I see it, I love it :)

You know as I started this blog entry, I thought I hadn't done much travel this year, but in addition to the two trips above, I also went to the Michigan area for my baby sister's graduation from high school (sniffle, sniffle) and was able to hang out with my family, which is always nice, and next week I'm on my way to Seattle to work on my dreams, my future, and visit my family!

Well, I guess this has been a pretty good travel year afterall!