Angel on the hill

Baltimore Travel Blog

Hey Everybody,

I receive letters in the mail all the time, nothing new. Birthdays, Christmas, Easter and on the rare occasion Valentines Day. However today’s letter took my breath away, leaving me perplexed and quite frankly astounded. With these emotions coursing through my body, I realized where the letter had come from: The Bank.

An economy struggling to find balance in an unstable world, nothing quite hits home like over drawing a checking account. Coincidentally its payday, which I am very grateful for, but the challenge: Make it to the bank before the cutoff time for the day. So breaking every speed limit I managed to make it to the bank, during my lunch hour, irreverent but frustrating all the same. Returning to work my emotions got the best of me, I punched the steering wheel. As my fist ricocheted off the wheel the pep talk of ‘Feet off the ground’ popped into my head. I dropped the feeling of frustration like I was under hypnosis and someone had snapped their fingers. It was a beautiful day and further more there was nothing I could do what’s done is done. Nothing I can do but be more careful next time. However change is in order if I plan to survive in an ever-growing urban jungle where earning more money is seemingly headed towards extinction.

Upon arriving at home after a long day at work I set out to make a “For Sale” sign for my old Ford F-150. After finding the materials I need, and coming up with a clever, thought provoking slogan, I place the sign in the window of the truck, and parked it at the end of the driveway. Then turning to face the slow, enjoyable walk back up to my front door, from out of apparently the air itself I heard a small voice. The voice I heard was from the little neighbor girl standing over her bicycle on the opposing hill. Whatever the words were that came out of her mouth, were purely to grab my attention. She gently waved to me as I turned around and smiled in her general direction returning the wave. Right then and there that moment made my day.

I came terms that no human’s life is perfect you are going to have those bad, ugly and frustrating moments in life. You just have to realize that they are just a moment. Leave them in the past, do not let them rule and or ruin your life, but just as well learn from them. “Take the good leave the bad.” I remembered how easy it is to get transfixed on all the negative moments in life, like an ugly bank statement of overdraft. These moments were washed away by a simple little girl smiling and waving, a great moment. That’s what life is about just those little moments, the great, happy, blissful moments, one leading to the next, conjoined together to form everlasting memories.

~Live in the moment~

Later,

Nitefrenzy

P.S. What do you think... I know its long I just hope it held your attention..                  But this is more for me than you .lol.

Baltimore