My California Adventure

California Travel Blog

On June 19, 2009 i departed Florida to head out to my california vacation. I arrived at Oakland Airport greeted by family and the adventure begins. I stayed in Milpitas, California (Northern Area).

DAY 1: Relaxed, I was treated to a manicure and a reflexology foot massage "Amazing". Then to finish off the night we BBQ Steaks & Baked Potatoes out on the deck & enjoyed an amazing weather.

DAY 2: We headed out to Monterey, we first enjoyed lunch on the pier, some shopping at Fisherman's Wharf. Then it was off to check out the Sea Lions upclose and personal by the Marinas and to finish off our day in Monterey we check out the Aquarium.

DAY 3: Enjoyed breakfast at Aldo's in Santa Cruz, if you are ever in Santa Cruz check it out. Also, other areas of Santa Cruz i got to explore were the surfing museum, i got a chance to check out some surfers in action.

DAY 4: Time to check out the Jelly Belly Factory, unfortunately you can't take pics inside the factory during the tour, but it was def. an experience and i got to enjoy lots of free Jelly Bellysss. I did take some pictures before heading into the tour and of things i was allowed to take pics off.

DAY 5: Headed out to Mistery Point, i can quite get a grip on how to explain this place, but it was pretty kool. Check out their site. Then it was to find Kara's Cupcakes, the best cupcakes i've had.

Day 6: San Francisco here i come... Started the morning with a delish Breakfast at Mama's the happening place in San Francisco for Breakfast/Lunch, from what i been told on the weekends the line is around the corner, luckly i went during the week so it was only a 20min wait. Then it was off to China Town, pretty interesting and 180 on the China Town i experience in NY.  Got to ride the Cable Cars. The off to Coin Tower and to wrap up our day in San Francisco we all had the best italian dinner at this restaurant called Pantarei Ristorante, amazing service, food, and desert. Check it out when you visit San Francisco.

Day 7: Kind of a waste of day, we all woke up late, things kept coming up. I did cook dinner for everyone i made homemade enchiladas and we finished the night we a movie at the IMAX "Transformers".

Day 8: Roap Trip through the Big Sur. Our first stop Pfeiffer Beach, pretty cool Purple Sand. 2nd stop Hurst Castle, wishing it was my castle. 3rd stop check out the Sea Elephants. Last stop the Madonna Inn, we all had dinner at the Madonna Inn Steak house. The Madonna Inn is a very interesting Hotel, next time i'm def. staying there, each room has an uniquenes to it for example the Jungle Room.

Day 9: Back to San Francisco. We enjoyed tea at the Japanese Tea Garden and then it was off to the King Tut exhibit, sucks we couldn't take pictures during the exhibition. Of course we couldn't leave out enjoying two more places, Pier 39 and the Golden Gate Bridge. I want to tour Alcatraz, but ran out of time, but i got to see it from far away.

Day 10: Pack the suitcases, lunch at IN and OUT Burger, and off to the airport to head back to Florida.

I have to say this was a great vacation. I have to go back soon there is still things i didn't get to explore. I must say if i ever had to move out of Florida Northern California is def. on the top of my list.

XOXO

vulindlela says:
It does not get much better than Jelly Belly and In and Out!
Posted on: Jul 17, 2009