Nawalgarh

Nawalgarh Travel Blog

Traveling

It was a very long drive from Delhi to Nawalgarh, but it was nice to pass through the little villages while driving to my final destination. Many chimneys were to see, because there are a lot of little brickstone factories. Arriving at Nawalgarh was a sort of a sport to find the eco lodge Apani Dhani. Me and the driver were totally lost in this little town. As the streets went narrower and narrower it appeared that we had driven totally wrong and had to ask for directions. Finally we arrive at Apani Dhani, for the driver there is a seperate building for his stay. For me there is a two persons bedroom just perfect.

Landscape
Apani Dhani is an eco lodge, everything is nature friendly. Water comes from a spring and will after showering etc be collected for other purposes, for instance flushing the toilet. I had a "french" toilet in my bathroom, no problem and very convenient because I could flush the army of giant ants walking through my bathroom, it would be like Nemo escaping the dentist kid jumping into the toilet and swimming right to the ocean. :-)

What I especially liked about Apani Dhani is it's small scaled as per night there are no more then 10 guests. When the sun sets down, you can smell delicious aroma's coming out of the kitchen. Every meal prepared at the eco lodge is fresh and is very tasteful. Everything has grown around the area and all guests ate at the same table which was very cozy as there were approximately 8 guests.

One of the brick ovens
For me it was a bit difficult because almost all guests spoke French, but I did allright with the couple of words of French I speak. For starter we had a soup of coliflowers. Suddenly we all found out that soup in all languages was the same: soup in English, soupe in French, soep in Dutch. Boy what a discovery hahahaha. We all told were we came from and which part of France or in my case Holland we live. Besides that we told what our professions were. One guy was working in India as a nurse. In a couple of months he spoke English very well. After the soup we had rice with courgette, spicy beans, another sort of soup which were the most delicious dishes I ate in India. After that we got a sweet rice desert. A couple of times the lights went out but with the generator we had within a couple of minutes emergency light. But it was really a nice place to stay!! :-)

Jacqinmiddenamerika says:
Grinding grain
Grinding grain
On top of the roof of the haveli
On top of the roof of the haveli
Another view of the rooftop of the…
Another view of the rooftop of th…
On top of the haveli
On top of the haveli
Entrance of ecolodge Apani Dhani
Entrance of ecolodge Apani Dhani
Courtyard of Apani Dhani
Courtyard of Apani Dhani
Nawalgarh Hostels review
A naturefriendly stay
Apani Dhani is an eco lodge, owned by a friendly owner who can give you good advice for a pleasant stay in Nawalgarh. He also can arrange trips around… read entire review
Nawalgarh