Fatehpur Sikri

Fatehpur Sikri Travel Blog

When you'll visit Fateh Pur Sikri, a deserted town, you can't go by taxi or other motorised vehicles as 1 km before this deserted town you'll have to go by bus. You can go with a little bus which will cost 5 roepies. After I arrived just 1 km before one of the shop owners guided me to the bus, he let me promiss to visit his shop when I would go back and I hopped on at one of the busses. In the bus there were mainly Indiers and a couple of tourists. After I paid the busboy one of the Indiers asked me where I came from.. They were from Mumbai and were tourists in their own country. As it was a short trip to the entrance of the city the bus stopped and we got out. There was directly a real rush by vendors, trying to sell different kind of items which I definately could not possibly see as there were too many items put right under my nose. The men from Mumbai did not in any way suffer from this sales tactics and offered me to walk with them so the could give some protection :-) But even when we visited the Mosque it was hard for me to see the site as there were too many vendors or not so many tourists.

To be continued.............

Koralifix says:
Congrats on your feature! Very well done!
Posted on: Sep 17, 2009