AsiaIndiaMandawa

Eco India

Mandawa Travel Blog

So easy it was to find a computer Thailand, in India it's a different story. After I visited a phoneshop to make a call to the NL, I still had a very hard look for an internetsore. I found it in a narrow alley. It is not greater than three by two meters.

But I'll start at the beginning. Saturdayevening I landed in Delhi. I was picked up by a taxi and the first impressions were gained. It was still 35 degrees at night, still a transition from NL. No culture shock but if you'll see people just lie along the side of the road or a whole family on a traffic hill that is heart rending.

The other day some sightseeing in Delhi.
Although it was intended that I visited some of the tourist attractions of Delhi, including the mosque, the monument of Gandhi etc I think I was the tourist attraction and put on the picture more than once.

Because it's in Delhi around 42 degrees the other day I traveled further to Nawalgarh, where it is not much cooler. After a journey of 8 hours, I found an Ecolodge for a night and checked in. All nature-friendly. There is fortunately a shower which is very necessary in these temperatures but the owner prefers that you take a shower Indian. A large bucket is ready, first water, then soap, then the bucket with a bowl throw over you. The owner said it sil save at least 15 liters of water. And did you have some spare water you could use it for the plants.

During the afternoon I visited the town with a (un) official guide. He is eleven years old, speaks good English, says he just go to school (which I believe on his brown eyes) and knows much about the Haveli's. This Haveli's are former mercantile houses, in the 18th and 19th century built. They are colorful painted. The paintings on the inside are well preserved, the exterior is all it rained off. In addition to the Haveli have a beautiful view over the village.

At night in the eco lodge eaten all nature friendly, vegatarian and very tasty. The other table guests were 8 French and 2 Italian. I could with hardly understand them with my high school French because they talked to fast. I had the idea to sit at a table set Galliers (asterix and obelix), only the wild boar still missing, hahahaha. Fortunately there were three persons who spoke English. we had to laugh because courgettesoup is equal in all languages, in English, Italian, French and Dutch.

Unfortunately, I cannot put pictures on this computer ... perhaps the following time.
Jacqinmiddenamerika says:
Yes it was a great trip, despite the high temperature I saw a lot of India, many cities, forts, palaces, haveli's and of course the wonderful Taj Mahal. I would love to discover the south of India (backwaters and beaches) and the north of India (the mountains).
Posted on: Sep 08, 2009
sylviandavid says:
sound hot hot hot.... and you sound like you did well touring....
Posted on: Sep 06, 2009