AsiaIndiaJodhpur

It was the Chai

Jodhpur Travel Blog

The day before yesterday or was it the day before that? (it's probably the heat) I traveled from Bikaner to Jaisalmer, a village near the Pakistani border. It is in the middle of the desert, yet the temperatures are bearable because of there is blowing a strong wind.

I checked in at Fifu's guest house, I already seen this guesthouse at hostels.com. A very nice thing at Fifu's guesthouse is that they have a roof terrace where you can sit for hours, nice fresh air but also a perfect view of the fort of Jaisalmer. Very nice in the evening with all the lights.

The day after I still had a stomach still which felt like 24 hours in a rollercoster. But still I visited the fortress of Jaisalmer.

In this fort lives a fourth of the population of Jaisalmer including the holy ows. Since the medieval town, some properties (Haveli's) are 500 years old, has no sewer flows something by going Gootjes. Not the best conditions for  a weak stomach. Then another of the most beautiful Haveli seen so far, beautiful carvings and the inside completely over the top decorated with colors, beads, mirrors, sheets of gold and silver thread.

Today I feel a lot better and travel to Jodhpur, the second largest city of Rajasthan. On many pilgrims come to visit a temple, a colorful procession on foot, bike, motorcycle, car or whatever you can imagine even more to get to travel. Pilgrims with beautifully colored garments and flags travel huge distances to come to this temple. Also many shoes. After the temple visit is the usual you discard your old shoes, hundreds of shoes along the side of the road. Many of these pilgrims also visit the fortress of Jaisalmer. This fort is at 150 level and is breathtakingly beautiful. Also in many places a beautiful view of Jodhpur, the blue-colored city of Rajasthan. Here I am again a sightseeing, some like to take my pictures, ask my name or find it cool when I shoot them :-)

sylviandavid says:
Yikes... chis is so good... sorry it tuned on you...
Posted on: Sep 06, 2009
edsander says:
Had a cup of chai on the train to Varanassi once, after checking with the guide if it was safe. Sure, he said. Damn stuff knocked me out for a full day. (:-/
Posted on: Aug 16, 2009