Day #16 Row, row, row your boat

Pitlochry Travel Blog

We started the day with, you guessed it, another castle! I really do think they are interesting but at this point, I can’t keep them straight. This one was called Blaire Castle. Luckily it was a beautiful, sunny day. The students walked the grounds and took a quiz. Jill, Lori and I strolled through the gardens. There were horses, cows and deer on the property. We stumbled onto a playground and rocked the swings for about twenty minutes. Then it was our turn on the tractor ride. We saw a lot of cows (they have 180), a bull and a lot of deer. Lunch was pretty scary. The menu said Haggis so I was having a lot of anxiety. Luckily it was mince meat instead and was actually pretty good.

Our next stop was the River Tay for some white water rafting.

Red Deer
The instructors were high energy and a lot of fun. Because the rapids were mostly class one and two, most of it was slow-going. This slowness led to an all out war between the rafts. The scene was boats knocking into each other, people jumping from raft to raft, stealing paddles, splashing each other, pulling each other into the river and a lot of yelling and screaming. It was a blast. The only problem was that Jon had more energy than most of the kids. He kept jumping out of the boat and I had to pull him back in. This was fine until one of the times I went to pull him up, he was facing down stream and when I pulled his legs got sucked under. He didn’t move and I popped my back out. It hasn’t happened in so long, I was pissed. The rest of the rafting trip was really painful for me. I was almost in tears as we were carrying the raft up to the road.

After we said, “goodbye” to our hottie river guides we headed to the hotel.

Bull
After dinner we were scheduled to have a Caleigh (Scottish Dance). Because we were so late and had the wrong place we missed it. No big deal right? Oh no, Jacob called to report it so now we have to try to squeeze it into tomorrows packed schedule.

Sleeping that night was the worst. I woke up in the middle of the night in so much pain I had to crawl to the bathroom. I sat up most of the night trying to figure out how I would make it through the following day. After popping a bunch of aspirin, I was feeling a little better.

Blaire Castle