flea market and dinner (but not at the same place!)

Beaver Bay Travel Blog

Second Hand Rose

We left the beach and stopped at the flea market on the way back.  Again, I’ve driven by the Second Hand Rose store several times and have never stopped until now.  Basically it is a permanent garage sale with tables and tables of “stuff”.  There are a dozen tables full of glasses, plates, and dishes, all sorted by color.  This is a great place to stop if you need a single plate or glass to complete your set.  Mom found a plate she needed to replace one that broke.  I found several dishes in my set (her old set from the 70s), but I think they were considered antiques by now and I didn’t want to spend the money on it.

They also had a small garage full of manly garage things like fishing poles, tools and trailer hitches.

lots of tables of dishes and glasses
  I found a book written in 1948 called the Cleft Rock.  Well, it had “rock” in the title and appeared to be about water conservation so I decided I would probably like it and paid the dollar.  I have already read the book and really enjoyed it, but found it hard to follow at some points.  I love old books because they show what life was like back then.  It is just a different style of writing and lifestyle!

After the flea market, we stopped at Northern Lights Restaurant.  I really wanted another cranberry chicken sandwich again.  Unfortunately the service was really slow and the food took forever to come out.  It was just two of us and we were there for an hour and a half!  The food was really good but our waitress never came back once.  We had to get the bill at the cash register.  I might have to lower my rating on my review for this restaurant.  Granted, she was a young girl and newer waitress, since the owner’s wife/waitress is really good.  Hmmm, it was a little disappointing overall.

We went back to the campsite for a little cribbage and another campfire.

Second Hand Rose
lots of tables of dishes and glass…
lots of tables of dishes and glas…
glassware sorted by color