Festival weekend in Two Harbors

Two Harbors Travel Blog

lighthouse in Two Harbors

There were a couple of geocaches I wanted to get in Two Harbors, but when we pulled in I was a little shocked at how busy the town was.  And why were there a couple of firetrucks in the road?  And 5 men wearing kilts and carrying bagpipes?  There was a craft show and music at the bandshell and thousands of people in the streets.  We forgot they had some festival this weekend but I had no idea so many people would be here!  The road to the lighthouse was blocked so we ended up at the ore docks.

Conveniently there was a geocache hidden there, but I couldn’t find it and felt silly looking with so many people around.  So that just made me a little cranky.  I just wanted to leave.  After spending 4 nights on the North Shore with hardly any people around, this sudden explosion of humanity was a little overwhelming.  I couldn’t get out of there fast enough.

We took the scenic route home so I could pick up some smoked fish for dad.  I ended up stopping at the wrong spot, but I got fish and he said it was good.
Tug Boat by ore docks