How to get to Cameron Highlands and Trail no.4

Cameron Highlands Travel Blog

This is the entrance of trail no 4

Our adventure began with a 4-5 hours bus ride from Kuala Lumpur to Cameron Highlands. It is very much depend on the bus drivers; sometime I got very sick because of the winding roads however I was ok in some of the bus trips. There was one time when we traveled from Cameron Highlands, the bus broke down twice. We had changed 3 buses for that trip. When we saw the smoke coming out of the driver�s side, we decided to get down from the bus. We waited about an hour for another bus to pick us up and it was the same bus that broke down at the first time! We were so nervous and prayed that we will arrive at Kuala Lumpur one day.

flowers blooming along trail no 4
We finally got to town and it was 8pm! We were supposed to arrive at 5pm!

There are 2 bus companies that operate from Kuala Lumpur Puduraya Bus Station to Cameron Highlands to Tanah Rata ( main bus station in Cameron Highland) :

1. Unititi Express
- 3 times a day-  8am, 10.30am and 12.30 pm
- super VIP couch, about RM35 per person
- newer buses that has lower chances of breakdowns ( We took Kurnia Express that broke down 3 times in a single journey)
- Stop at Tanah Rata Tourist Center
- Reservation line: +613 6333 740 ( counter 41 at Puduraya Central bus station Kuala Lumpur )

2.Supernice ( I have not ried on this bus thus not sure about the service)

2 times a day-  9.

30am and 1.30 pm
- super VIP couch, about RM35 per person
- Stop at Tanah Rata Tourist Center
- counter 51 at Puduraya Central bus station Kuala Lumpur

It is advisable to call them for seat reservation in advance to avoid disappointment.

One can buy a Cameron Hihglands map from any covenient stores, touris information center or hotel for RM4( USD1.30). This will really help to figure out where are all the jungle trails.

According to the map we bought in Cameron Highlands, there are 15 jungle trails. The signs of all the jungles trails are very poorly mark. I guess it was sabotage by the local licensed jungle trekking guide. It always took us a long time to find out where are the entrances of those trails and we had to ask the locals to show us the way. The locals are very friendly though.

Trail no.4 is the easiest. It is located right next to our hotel, Century Pines hotel. It leads you to Parit falls. You can walk beyond the falls and there is a good picnic spot. This trail ends at the Forestry department. The first time we trekked trail no.4, we had to quit halfway due to the rain. The second time we went back to trail no.4, we walked through it and arrived at the Forestry Department. We saw a sign mentioned trail no.6 however; we couldn�t find this trail from our map. We will go back to trail no.6 the next time we visit Cameron Highlands.

Paulovic says:
Congrats on your featured blog! :)
Posted on: Aug 03, 2013
KeikoCreative says:
Congrats on your featured! Many years ago I had been there and I really love that place, would love to visit if I have the opportunity:)
Posted on: Aug 02, 2013
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats for being featured! I don't know if my stomach could handle that bus ride!
Posted on: Aug 02, 2013
me!
me!
Worn out sign of Trail no.4
Worn out sign of Trail no.4
hanging bridge where you have a go…
hanging bridge where you have a g…
Trail no.4 path