Museum of Science Day!

Boston Travel Blog

On the train

My cousin and I drive back to Lowell to catch the train back into Boston, as I was here just 12 hours previously it seemed an all too familiar sight.  We found a spot in the garage to park and darted to the tracks to catch our train.  Once aboard, we talked and just had fun, apparently we were not popular on the train because some children were throwing things and staring at us so we commented, which prompted them to move their seats.  Fine by us, the rest of the ride was uneventful.  Once we pulled into North Station we made a quick stop at Dunkin Donuts for some morning fuel, and then proceeded to walk across the city to meet one of our aunts for lunch.  I tripped and fell on the way which was hilarious to all, yes including me.

Holacost Memorial

Once we got to my aunts building we waited in the lobby for her to come down and meet us.  As we did so the security guards kept looking over at us, apparently we looked questionable, it didn’t help that I drank way to much cough syrup and was probably acting quite silly.  Finally my aunt came down and we walked over to a nice little restaurant to have lunch, and get my birthday card.  It was very cute, on the front was a brown lab wearing a Batman costume.

After lunch my cousin and I made a bee line for the subway over to Science Park.  I paid our way into the museum and we spent a few hours walking around the exhibit halls, to everyone’s amusement.  On this trip to the museum they had three exhibits that I absolutely loved one, Mythological Creatures, Frogs, and Weather.

The Union Oyster house

We rounded out the day with a trip on a simulator ride, the title of our ride was The Journey of a Water Drop, where I openly protested the fact that we got peed on by a cow, you had to go on the ride to understand full, that and drink a whole bottle of Robatussin.

We left the museum and headed back to the subway where we ran into problems.  The entry gates would not take the paper tickets only the plastic ones, so I called for assistance, many, many times.  Some people just rushed the gate but we tried to be good and wait for someone to come fix it.  Well we got tired of that game really quick.  All of a sudden the phone in the booth started ringing so I and another person let ourselves in so to speak, and I answered the phone.

Old State House
  The woman asked if I was at Science Park, I replied yes, she asked me if anyone had informed me of a problem.  I told her I was the one calling, and there was no attendant in the booth.  So she gave us permission to jump the gate and go through.  Well by this time so many people had done it they were not working for anyone.  So I gave the machine a swift boot to the sensor and they opened right up.  Finally we made it back to North Station to catch our train back to Lowell.

As we were leaving the garage, again some jerk had to be too impatient, and beep while we were stopped at a red light.  This prompted more yelling and screaming, and also me crawling out my cousin passenger window, and again another quick exit.  We made it back to Hudson without incident after that.

State house and Customs Tower