The Maine Project and Blues Fest 09

Rockland Travel Blog

Outside My freinds work

Around noon time we headed out to Deer Isle, Maine.  The scenery was amazing, and the weather was still being cooperative for the most part, it was a little windy, but that is not a complaint.  Our first stop was a nice sandy beach, well as sandy as beaches get in Maine anyway.  We walked around looking for sea glass; my mother is an avid collector of the stuff.  I took pictures along the beach of different scenic points of interest.  After that we drove into Stonington and Sedgwick.  In Stonington I found another Horseshoe, and I named him Horseshoe 2.  The original Horseshoe is now retired he has had a good life and a real pal.  Anyway I bought him at a place called the Farm House.  It was a nice little store; they sell a variety of things from wood stoves to novelty items.

By now it was reaching close to 4 pm so we headed back home.

I was home for about 15 minutes before I got the call to go to Rockland.  I didn’t even know the Blues fest was this weekend, so when I got there I was more than a little shocked to see so many people.  Luckily my friend works in downtown so I had premium parking for the night.  The first she did when she saw me was send me to Rite Aid, and buy a 6 pack.  Just as I was going to crack open a cold Twisted Tea; I got a call I had to go to Camden to pick up two friends.  No big I was there and back again in no time.  I hung outside her store for awhile soaking in the music and Twisted Tea, until she finished work.  A quick stop at her place to change and we were back downtown walking down the middle of Main Street.  We paid our way into our favorite bar The Time Out Pub and listened to some live music and drank a beer or two, and then it was back to the streets.  Finally about 1am we headed back one of us had to be to work in the am.  We had an awesome time though and next year I will make sure I know what I am about to drive into!

The Main Stage
The Love Sculpture
The Love Sculpture
Rockland Nightlife & Entertainment review
North Atlantic Blues festival 2009
If you are a music lover, you will love this festival. The North Atlantic Blues Festival comes around once a year to the Harbor Park in Rockland, Mai… read entire review
43 km (27 miles) traveled