Jamieson´s, Guinness and Shopping in Dublin

Dublin Travel Blog

So the trip to Dublin started at 4am in Greenwich...when I woke up and realised that we have booked the cab for an hour too late!!  So the cabbie drove like a man on a mission and got us to Stansted in record time!!  Only for us to be greeted by lines 100 people deep all waiting to check in on their cheap Ryanair flights....doh!!!

When we were 2 people from the front of the queue they called our flight forward and we got to wait in a longer line but got checked in eventually.  They must have completely re-done security at Standsted since i was there because we went straight through and got to the gate just before boarding started (I don´t know why Ryanair have to scare you by saying boarding closes at the time it hasn´t even started yet!

Arriving in Dublin we made it to our hotel and they checked us in straight away (8am) so we could kip out for a few hours before sight seeing)

John went to the Jamieson´s factory...I went shopping, then we both went to the Guinness factory....John enjoyed the Guinness and I took photos and enjoyed the views....a great day all round!

After dinner out....John tried Irish stew which was more potatoes than anything else and suprisingly had not much taste!

That was pretty much it for Dublin and we even got a sleep in the next morning....only having to get to the airport for a 9.30 flight...yay!!!
Dublin