Weekend escape to Baguio

Baguio City Travel Blog

Philippine Military Academy

We left Manila for Baguio at 2pm and arrived at around 6-7pm on the 2nd of June. I went there with my bro & cousins, for 2 days and 2 nights.

We stayed at my bro's gf's family's guesthouse & we didn't have to pay a single peso. We felt bad, we wanted to pay them but they insisted we stay for free. They even prepared all meals for us! Such nice people, I swear.

I've always dreamt about going to Baguio when I was kid, I've always heard about it in class and it's a shame that I didn't get to see it back then. From my cousins' comments, the Bagiuo charm is fading away. A city that used to be covered in pine trees is now suffering from industrialization. There seems to be more slum areas too. You'll see it in the photos.

We explored Baguio on our own. We just used taxis to get around. We had lunch at SM Baguio. Night life was pretty dead too or maybe we just didn't know where to go. LOL

All in all, a nice weekend getaway. It's about 18 degrees celcius during summer, everyone's wearing a jacket or a cardigan but for my bro & I, we called it T-shirt weather. It was nice to get away from the heat and to get our body used to the cold again before returning to Australia.

Inside PMC