Last Full day in Papeete - Boarding the Ship

Papeete Travel Blog

Moorea from the Sheraton

We had breakfast, packed the bags and sat by the pool. While there, we ended up talking to Russ & Janet from near Seattle and Jesse & Pat from Atlanta. Minutes before the 11:00 deadline, we grabbed the bags and checked out. We stood for a while with the other 4 waiting for the shuttle bus but at Jesse’s suggestion, we grabbed a cab for the ship. The cost of the cab was 3000 cfp or about US$10 per couple so it was a bargain. Check in at the ship was speedy but we learned the cabins were not yet ready. We were invited to check our hand luggage but elected to take them with us to lunch. We grabbed lunch from the Panorama Buffet and ate by the pool with Russ & Janet.

After lunch, we explored the ship for a while. A bit later we tried the cabin and found it available so we moved in and dropped our bags.

Moorea from the Sheraton
Unfortunately, the Windstar was at the main dock in town and we were docked over on a freight pier so Princess had provided a number of Le Trucks as complimentary shuttles to town. We grabbed one and headed in. We did a bit of shopping, stopped at an Internet café to send an e-mail to home, said “Hi” to Katrina, and had had some Flammküchen at Les 3 Brasseurs. The Flammküchen was good but not nearly as good as in Alsace. By the time we caught the shuttle back to the ship, the checked bags had been delivered. While Lin took a nap in the room, I read by the pool and when I went down at 5:30, she was unpacking.

After we showered and dressed for dinner, I started looking for the CD I’d bought on the plane and realized I’d left my Blue Blazer in room 255 at the Sheraton. We stopped at the purser’s desk and they said they’d check on it.

Dinner was open seating. We sat with Stewart & Olive plus Winston and Natalie from New Zealand and Robert & Maggie from Australia. Nice group. After dinner, we walked around a bit, watched the show and hit the rack. Still no word on the blazer.

Tahitian Princess