Departure from Papeete

Papeete Travel Blog

We were up at 8:30 but by the time we got there, the dining room was closed so we grabbed breakfast from the buffet and ate on the after deck. I checked again at the purser’s desk for my blazer but no word. We sat by the pool from 10:00 to about noon but I was getting impatient about the blazer so I dressed, took the shuttle to town and the regular Le Truck to the Sheraton. The desk clerk was nice but said they didn’t have it. I demanded to see the manager and had to wait 30 minutes to do so. Lisa, the manager on duty, took me to housekeeping where they showed me that it wasn’t there or in their notebook and to room 255 where they showed me it wasn’t in the closet. (Update: I got a call few weeks after my return from Lisa. My jacket had been returned (minus the CD) by a guest who had mistakenly packed it.

She has returned it to me and it's now in my possession. Nice lady!)

Frustrated and angry, I took Le Truck back to town and spent a little time taking pictures before catching the shuttle to the ship where I found Linda in the room. I went to the pool as she went to get a fingernail fixed. The safety drill involved going to the restaurant and getting a lecture and demo, then trying on the life vest. This is much better than sweating on deck by the lifeboats. After that we went to deck 10 for the sailing and Jesse and Pat introduced us to Chris and Christa from San Diego. We watched carefully as the sun set and FINALLY I saw the green flash. What a great sight!!

We changed for dinner and just before we left the room, I went out on the balcony and there was the Southern Cross and Alpha and Beta Centauri! Cool!!! We met Winston & Natalie, Jesse & Pat in the Night Club, then went for dinner in the dining room. We had a table for 8, Bill & Linda and Linda & Becky from California, Tony and Suzanne from Florida and us. (What are the odds of having three Lindas at a table for eight??) Unfortunately, Suzanne was sick and in her room. My strip steak was only ordinary and the profiteroles were really disappointing. Exhausted, we went directly to bed.

Papeete