Arrival in Papeete - absolutely Exhausted!

Tahiti Travel Blog

Air Tahiti-Nui was using an Airbus 340-300. It was a nice plane but I think the seats were set for charter configuration even though this is a scheduled flight. These seats were TIGHT! We were in 21 A&B and the guy in 20B immediately insisted on putting his seat all the way back so I couldn't even use my table. We saw that 27 A&B were vacant so we moved there and things were much better. We had individual seat-back video monitors and about 5 movie choices. There was no control over start-time but the movies ran more-or-less continuously. There was also music and a lot of video games so there was lots of entertainment. We had some pretty decent Champagne, then good-if-small salmon for dinner. A GPS was one of the video choices. It did not show latitude & longitude but there was a moving map showing the Equator. I watched it closely and it seems to me that we crossed at 6:50 PM Tahiti time. I expected a bit of a celebration for us pollywogs and was surprised they didn't even mention this momentous occasion! We landed at 9:30 PM Tahiti time. Princess was definitely not up to par as there was mass confusion at the airport and again at the Sheraton Tahiti hotel. We finally got to bed about 11:45, only 23 hours and 50 minutes after we got up. What a day!
photo by: wagslikeadog