Team America

Paris Travel Blog

Warning: If you are expecting a journal about tourist attractions or cultural activities, please read my other entries as this was probably the laziest day of my entire trip. But, you know, if you want to read about my 4th of July in Paris, feel free :]

After waking up quite late and slightly hungover, I decided to get ready and go to the internet cafe just across the street to do some of my stupid biology homework which was due. While I was there typing up a lab report, Celeste and Omar came in to tell me they were going grocery shopping. 20 minutes later they came back and Celeste had this look on her face like she came up with the idea of the century.

"To celebrate the 4th of July, we're getting McDonalds and picnic-ing at the mini Statue of Liberty".

I know, it was pure genius. Even though I hate fast food. But whatever, I went with the flow.

So once I was done we set out to get our dinner. Looking back, I don't even know what the hell we did that day up to our American Adventure. I mean, it didn't take me 5 hours to do homework. We probably just slept a lot haha

We met up with Pam and took the metro to the station nearest the mini Statue of Liberty. There was a McDonald's close by and when we stepped in, I was so confused. First of all, it was packed like woah. I never expected for there to be so many people at a McDonald's- especially in a country where the cuisine is regarded as the most sophisticated and refined. Second, all of the menu options were the same as in America, but they changed the names so that they were still in English.

For example, a double cheeseburger was just called a BigStar or something weird like that.

After we got our food, we tried to walk and find our way to the Statue of Liberty. We definitely got lost, but once we got there, I couldn't help but laugh. It's nowhere near anything touristy, and it seemed like someone just said "Yeah, I guess we could place it hear" and stuck it on this small island in an area that's completely random. So we enjoyed our ironic little picnic.

Afterwards, we headed back to Celeste's apartment and picked up some pretty awesome alcohol to pregame with. We were supposed to meet up with Hannah and her friends visiting from London. So we got all dressed up and made our way over to Buddha Bar where we were all supposed to meet. Apparently Buddha Bar is where the hippest hipsters go and spend 18 euros on a soda.

Don't get me wrong, it was really nicely decorated and had a great atmosphere, but it was a little too old. If I was a 30 year-old who wanted to act like Carrie from Sex and the City, then I would go there. But I'm 19, a student, and broke.

Celeste, Pam, and I were not really feeling the place and we decided to just head over to the ever-so-trusty FUBAR. We had to make it quick though because the metro was going to stop running in like 20 minutes. While we were waiting for the train to come, we found some Kinder in a vending machine. Celeste, Pam and Omar had been talking about this stuff like it was God's gift to chocoholics. Meh, it was okay. haha Once we got to the bar, the bartender who knew us from the prior week gave me 4 free drinks. I know what he was trying to do, but I don't play like that! haha Whatever, I took advantage of the free drinks and we peaced out and headed over to Financier. The night was a little crazy and I don't remember too much other than it was fun and we made our way back home at about 5.

emmllerg says:
Enjoy your next vacation to Paris
Posted on: Jun 02, 2013
votre_etoile says:
kinder is amazzing! sounds like fun
Posted on: Sep 18, 2009