Paris like the Parisians do.

Paris Travel Blog

So not flattering

So I was really excited for today. Why? Because we blocked out the majority of the day for shopping. haha. But really, today turned out to be more of a "Let's roam around Paris" type of day, and we got to see more off-beat places. We woke up around 10ish and after getting ready we made our way over to the Montparnasse train station to get our tickets for our chateaux-ing adventure tomorrow. We didn't think it'd take that long, but OMG the lines were ridiculous. After 45 minutes standing in line, we finally went up and were done in a matter of 2 minutes. I love how life works.

Our first stop was the Rue de Rivoli area, as suggested by Celeste. You have to get past the row of literally 20 identical souvenir tourist-trap stores to get to the actual shopping.

Because the sales were going on, every store was packed. Luckily for me, though, there were 2 Zara stores and 2 H&Ms within a 5 minute walk. WIN. I'm a little surprised that Omar outshopped me though haha. I bought a shirt and skirt from H&M and a purse (50% off!) from Zara.

Being the fatties that we are, we decided to have lunch at the felafel place from yesterday. hahaha it was THAT good. But, in a non-fattie manner we walked over to the center of the Marais district where it was located. We decided to actually eat inside this time, even if it meant a couple extra Euro for air conditioning. Good call- the waiters inside were so attractive, but I'm pretty sure Omar got tired of me giving some of them the eye. hahaha

After our late lunch we wandered around the Marais and found the widest range of off-beat stores.

There was a vintage store that I really wanted to like, but if it didn't live up to the hype surrounding it. Across the street was a sex toy store which would have been funny if I were with anyone else because the people working there totally thought Omar and I were a couple. So I quickly ran out of there and went down the street to a cute clothing store.

We made our way back to Celeste's apartment to meet up with her. Our mission for tonight was to do the Musee D'Orsay and have dinner with everyone in the Latin Quarter. The Musee D'Orsay was our first official art museum for Paris, and it was perfect because I'm a huge fan of Impressionism. We didn't really have a lot of time before we had to meet everyone, so we made our way up to the 5th floor where all the Impressionistic pieces were.

AHH Monet, Van Gogh, Degas.... it doesn't get better than that. There was this terrace which offered a great view of the city- especially of Sacre Coeur. It was up here where Celeste decided that we should just walk to the Latin Quarter because it'd be faster than walking.

Thus began my walk from hell. I don't know what happened, but today I realized that the majority of the pain I was getting from walking was from a huge cut on my heel. And after a day of walking everywhere, my foot was just going numb and it was so ridiculously uncomfortable. Oh well, I'm a trooper! haha

The Latin Quarter is so amazing at night. It's incredibly lively and youthful that you get an overwhelming sense of realization that you're in one of the greatest cities in the world.

me, Omar, Megan
We met up with Hannah, Pam, and Megan (who was spending her last night in Paris before heading back to Ireland). Finding a restaurant was an ordeal for a couple reasons: #1 We didn't know what we were in the mood for, #2 Because all of the hosts basically harass you trying to get you to eat at their place, and #3 Because several of them tied since they offered free drinks. haha We finally chose an Italian restaurant. Hmm. The sangria got a thumbs up, but the rest was like Olive Garden. No thank you.

So as we were all walking back to the metro station, a host from a pub was like "I'll give you 2 free rounds of drinks if you have 6 girls!". So naturally all of us started counting around and there were 5 of us girls, but Omar said in this high-pitched shrill "Je m'appelle Omar!" like he was a girl. OMG it was the funniest thing ever and it spawned a long conversation about the movie White Chicks, which Megan can quote like no one's business. It was so sad to say bye to her, especially for Omar who probably would have married her if he could.

Once we got back to Celeste's place we passed out as soon as we could to get ready for our early day tomorrow!

Sacre Coeur in the middle :]