Last day and final thoughts

Paris Travel Blog

Nothing interesting happened today prior to my leaving. I was still really sick, but I promised myself that I would bring home some stuff from the patisserie to give to my family. I had gifts for all of them, but what's better than a pain-au-chocolat or a tarte fraise straight from Paris? Really.

Celeste woke us up before she was leaving for work at 7ish, and we said our goodbyes. It was sad, but I was just so grateful for her hospitality in letting us stay there and inviting me. Afterwards, I got ready and went to the patisserie to get the goods haha. We called a taxi to take us to Montparnasse station where a bus would take us to the airport.

One funny thing that happened: So once we were on the plane, some type of weird euphoric state came over us where we laughed at everything. It was probably a combination of tiredness and my sickness, but I just was so high on something. Anyways, while everyone was still boarding I did my Suze Orman impression (which, I'm not going to lie, is awesome), and the guy in front of us turns back and starts laughing too. It was mortifying because A) I didn't realize how loud I was and B) it was a SUZE ORMAN impression. It's not even a normal person!

So anyways, this trip was my first real look at traveling on my own terms. I like to think that for a 19 year old, I've gotten to experience a lot of different places; however, they were basically planned by my parents or by a tour group. This trip was different. I got to experience all the sights but I also was in a tourist free neighborhood and experienced everyday Parisian life. I interacted with others on levels I hadn't before while traveling, forcing myself to be a sponge if you will to soak up all of the culture around me. And to top it all off, I was in Paris. Paris. A city I had dreamed about going to, but had absolutely no expectations for what my experience would entail.

This site has been a source of inspiration for me, whether it be from reading blogs about backpacking around the world or simply just reading the bulleted most memorable traveling experiences on people's profiles. I know that this trip will be amongst the first of many adventures as it has completely validated my love of traveling.
Dr_Seuss says:
Congrats on your feature Vivian :)
Posted on: Feb 17, 2010
marksreynolds says:
Congrats on your featured blog and your first solo trip!!! Many more to come I'm sure! :)
Posted on: Feb 17, 2010