It didn't start too good, but ended up being a nice day

Houston Travel Blog

At the Minute Maid

This day was a little bit weird. After a quiet and uneventful Friday, I was expecting a much better Saturday. We were going to see the Astros Play in the evening so I had good expectations. Well, I woke up kinda late and I went to the same cyber cafe that I reviewed for the previous day. My car started to give me mechanical problems and that really annoyed me. I am probably a very irresponsible person. I knew before I came here that my car wasn't doing too good, and I should have rented a car, I knew it!! But well, it's all done, I just hope I can do ok on my way back.

After that, my friend had been invited for lunch with two vietnamese friends of his. This sounded good, since I had already tried vietnamese food and I liked it. First we came to pick up my car and it cranked.

At the Minute Maid
It seemed like just a little false contact. Then we went for a little tour on Houston, with my friend showing me around, it was nice. After that we arrived to his friends' house, and I have to admit that I didn't feel very comfortable in the beginning, but later on things got to be a lot better. I enjoyed the great food and then we headed back home.

Then we went to see the Astros game with another friend of my friend. She was much nicer than the other friends I must say. As I have already reviewed, the stadium is just awesome. I was seriously impressed. The game wasn't so good (Astros were beaten by Nationals 13-2!), but I enjoyed everything that surrounds the game, the quizes, gifts, music, etc. This was my first ever live baseball game, so I just loved the overall experience.

After we got back home, I tried to use my car to get to this cyber cafe again, and it wouldn't crank :( Now I am more worried, I hope I can fix it tomorrow morning, since I need to get to Ruston!! I ask for your prayers so that I can do alright! :)

montecarlostar says:
Me at the Astros game
Me at the Astros game
Houston Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Great choice for Vietnamese Food
Ok, I'm not an expert on Vietnamese food. The last time I had vietnamese was in Toronto, and I thought it was really good. My buddy's friends parents … read entire review
Houston Sights & Attractions review
Awesome stadium
This stadium is just AWESOME. I don't know if all major baseball stadiums in the USA are the same, but I was VERY impressed by this one. Super modern … read entire review
Houston Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Nice option to have a beer before and after the game
This bar and grill is nicely located across the street from the Minute Maid Park. Obviously it is devoted entirely to the Astros Baseball team. The st… read entire review
Houston