A "little" hickup before the big adventure

Erfurt Travel Blog

The hood got the worst
So I managed to get myself into a little accident the day before leaving for the cruise.

I was on the way to my dad's place in Erfurt, when I lost control over my car in the curve of an exit ramp. I hit the brake to slow down right before the turn and the back of my car slid to the left. Tires blocking, I hit the rail on the right side of the road head on (airbags did not deploy), and then continued spinning to the right, making a complete 360, until I was facing the out the right way again. Rolled a couple more feet and then got to a stop on the left side rail with the back of the car sticking out into the road. I wasn't hurt, but I can't say the same for my car. :((  Incredibly there was only damage to the front of the car. I didn't hit anything else (or no one ran into my while I was doing wheelies). I had a good 4 hours to get the car towed and arrange things with the insurance company to get it all fixed up again before everything closed down for the weekend.

The cop that had to be called saved my ass from a 180 Euros ticket for hitting the rail(s). He said I would need the money on my travels. (Awww) Well, and then the towing guy thought I was made of money and charged 300 Euros for towing the car about 10 miles. (Don't get me started.) Woohoo!

Anyways. That was a bit of a shadow hanging over my head (and a sleepless night) before starting my vacation.

missandrea81 says:
Oh, the tow company owner was a traveler too. I'm pretty sure I paid for half of his next trip. ;)
Posted on: Nov 26, 2009
sylviandavid says:
Ahhhh.... so nice the policeman was a traveler.... and shame on the tow company for making your short trip with him so expensive.... Yeah... don't get me started either!!! Sylvia
Posted on: Nov 25, 2009