Arsène Lupin

Etretat Travel Blog

beach to the left

I see Rob and Bianca off, they were up early and go, just as the baker arrives.

We want to visit Etretat, another coastal town. We visit the beach and walk on the boulevard. This beach is actually a bay between big rocks. We climb the rock to the left, next time we do the one on the right:). On the way back to the parking, we stop at ‘Le Clos Arsine Lupin’, the house of his creator Maurice Leblanc. The tour through the museum is special. On arriving you receive a headphone. When you enter in the first room, first M. Leblanc, later Arsène Lupin will tell you a story, while objects are shown. A very interesting tour to take before going to the beach and a good idea to go reading his books this winter.

On our evening walk on the boulevard, we both have a big thin pancake. I enjoy my ‘crèpe - Bénédictine’ and Caroline her ‘crèpe - beurre et sucre’.

It is low tide now, heavy clouds are drifting in. I look at the horizon, and to my surprise I see an elephant bathing in the sea (I tried to catch it with my camera)

On the way up to the camping, we have a talk with the owner of a patch of land outside the camping. He had a nice caravan on the land, but it is hammered and windows are broken. A higher terrace is ideal to have a party, and feasting youths often throw stones if they get drunk. No paradise is perfect, there is always need of a guard with a flaming sword.

The clouds pass without losing water (here) and we have a nice evening coming
beach to the right